Masterflex® pump systems consist of three components: pump heads, tubing, and drive. Masterflex tubing is available in more than two dozen formulations for use in a wide range of applications and markets. It is used in the chemical processing, food & beverage, medical research, education, water treatment, pharmaceutical, environmental, industrial, laboratory, printing, and biotech industries.
When selecting tubing, take the following variables into consideration for your application:
- Flow rate: Tubing size directly affects flow rate.
- Chemical compatibility: Consult our comprehensive chemical compatibility reference tools to test your specific chemicals.
- Tubing life: Reference tubing material graphs at ColeParmer.com for various formulations
- Fluid viscosity, presence of solids, back pressure, or suction lift: High-Performance tubing is best for these conditions. Reference tubing material graphs at ColeParmer.com
- Fluid temperature: See the description for each formulation online for starting guidelines and then test based on your specific application.
Note that using non-Masterflex tubing with Masterflex pumps can accelerate detrimental wear and tear on pump heads and drives by generating excessive debris, creating greater back pressures, and increasing the risk of tubing failure. You may also void your two-year warranty if non-Masterflex tubing is used.