Choosing a vacuum pump for your application depends on your desired vacuum level:
- Ultimate vacuums down to 0.3 mbar (0.2 Torr):
- Diaphragm Vacuum Pumps
- Piston Vacuum Pumps
- Venturi Vacuum Pumps
- Ultimate vacuums down to 2 x 10-3 mbar (1.5 x 10-3 Torr):
- Rotary Vane Vacuum Pumps
- Ultimate vacuums down to 1 x 10-8 mbar (7.5 x 10-9 Torr):
- Turbomolecular Vacuum Pumps
Also consider the following characteristics, which may influence which vacuum pump you choose:
- Chemical compatibility. Determine the compatibility of the gases used with the pump and any potential issues with the process gas (such as moisture)
- Pumping speed (volume flow) and pressure requirements. Assess the vacuum pump’s capability to produce both the required pumping speed (volume flow) and throughput (mass flow) against the process’s needs by using the equation Q (gas load) = S (pumping speed) x P (pressure) calculation
Use the Vacuum/Pressure Conversion Table to aid in calculating your free-air capacity by adding up the free-air requirements for all air-powered instruments
- Pump Installation. Include port connections and requirements for ancillary equipment, such as a roughing pump, in your selection
- Pump Maintenance. This covers frequency of maintenance cycles and the necessary level of expertise to carry out the service
- Costs. Consider not only the initial purchase price of the vacuum pump but also the operating costs, maintenance cycles, and associated costs
i am employee of a food factory.we need to transfer 100 kg liquid in ground to 10ft top in a pot.can i use the vacuum pump fpr this reasone….
Thank you for your question. We will forward your question to the technical support team. If you need immediate assistance, please call 1-800-323-4340.
You made a good point when you said I should assess the vacuum pump’s capability in terms of pumping speed and pressure requirements when purchasing one. My dad is thinking of starting his own manufacturing business soon, and he plans to purchase a vacuum pump. I’ll share this article with him later to use as a buying guide when he buys one. Thanks!
Thanks for sharing very informative content, I was looking forward to this type of content.
Very Nice Blog Provide Good Knowledge About Vacuum Pump.