What’s the best flowmeter for your application?
From magnetic to variable-area to Coriolis, the options in volumetric-based flowmeters can make your head spin. Yet there are distinct differences in functionality, accuracy, and certainly price. When selecting a flow meter, consider the following:
- Flow measurement type – momentum (velocity), volumetric or mass flow measurement
- Media – type of media (liquid, gas or slurry) and any special condition such as particulates in the media and viscosity of the media
- Media conditions – pressure and temperature of media and whether media conditions are likely to remain constant or vary
- Flow range – required flow range of media (min and max readings required)
- Accuracy – required accuracy of the readings
- Environmental considerations – special installation considerations such as hygienic installation, installing into an ATEX zone or requiring tamper proof readings
Have a special or unique flow control application?
Use our helpful flow meter selection table by application.
Browse our complete line of flow meters.