True megohmmeters provide highly stable resistance readings
- Insulation measurements to 200 M and 5000 M
- LED indicates constant voltage output and proper cranked speed
- Automatic discharge when measurement is finished
- Auto-ranging, dual scale operation for greater sensitivity and easier readings
- Rugged cast aluminum case with O-ring seal protects against rain, water, and dust
- Designed for harsh environments - marine, mining, heavy-duty field, industrial, and military use
- Compact self-contained package with folded crank
- Voltage displayed prior to, during, and at the end of test
- Unique auto-ranging feature expands the scale ten times
- Large direct-reading scale
- Acceptance testing and preventive maintenance
- Testing motors, cables, switchgears, and electrical wiring installations
- Continuity tests
These durable, compact megohmmeters are designed for a wide range of preventive maintenance applications in the plant and out in the field. The easy-to-use hand-crank operation provides a steady, DC voltage output across the entire range ensuring consistent and reliable readings. Units include a 600 V test voltage range enabling you to perform safety checks to confirm the sample is fully discharged and not connected to an energized circuit.
Insulation resistance readings are easily visible with the analog needle movement on the large logarithmic scale and an amber (model 6501) or green (model 6503) LED on the front panel illuminates when the proper crank speed is attained, indicating the presence of the selected output. The auto-ranging feature activates when the pointer reaches near the end of the scale, returning the pointer to the beginning of the scale and illuminating the x10 red LED.