- Test voltage combination of 500V, 1000V, 2500V and 5000V
- Insulation measurements from 30kOhms to 10TOhms (10,000GOhms)
- Adjustable and programmable test voltage (40 to 5100V)
- Automatic calculation of DAR and PI values
- Direct measurement and display of Capacitance and Leakage Current
- Display resistance, test voltage and run time
- Programmable test run times and PI ratio times
- Automatic test inhibition (if live sample >25)
- Automatic discharge and display of discharge voltage
- Large dual-display with time, voltage and measurements shown
- Rugged, dual wall, weatherproof field case
- Designed and built to IEC safety standards
The Megohmmeter Model 6505 is a portable instrument housed in a rugged field case and operates on either battery or line power. It performs voltage, insulation, and capacitance measurements. Insulation resistances up to 10,000 GOhms (10TOhms) can be measured test voltages from 40 to 5100 can be selected.
Features include automatic calculation and presentation of the Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR) and Polarization Index (PI). The Model 6505 displays the test voltage, insulation resistance and the leakage current during the test. Capacitance of the sample and discharge voltage present at the test leads is displayed at the conclusion of the test.
The Model 6505 is designed with the highest level of built-in safety features. This meter incorporates test inhibit capabilities which will not allow test voltages to be generated if a live sample is detected. The test terminals are recessed to ensure operating safety.