Provides reliable protection for samples and work processes from particulates
- ULPA filtration technology creates a clean work environment over a wide range of applications
- Meets and exceeds ISO Class 4 compliance for clean air
- Downward vertical flow of filtered air reduces turbulence and provides a taller and deeper workspace
- Constructed with powder-coated interior and stainless steel work surface
- High-capacity air handling system delivers flow velocity of 0.4 m/s to 0.5 m/s (80 to 100 fpm)
These Cole-Parmer® DLF-400 vertical laminar flow cabinets are designed to protect equipment and other contents from particulates. Airflow from vertical flow cabinets flows downward and directly strikes the work surface. These cabinets are manufactured with rear wall perforations that remove a small amount of air at the rear of the cabinet to reduce turbulence. The ULPA filter is mounted above the work surface which provides a taller and deeper workspace. This allows for larger equipment in the work zone without interrupted airflow.
Laminar flow cabinets use ULPA filters which are 99.999% efficient at particle sizes between 0.1 to 0.3 μm along with a disposable polyester fiber pre-filter with 85% arrestance. All models feature a stainless steel work surface with spill retention, compact LED cabinet lamp, side “viewing” windows, and control panel. Side windows allow ambient light into the chamber and provide users with three points of visibility for an unobstructed view of contents. The control panel features on/off switches for the interior lamp, blower, and electrical outlet, and a pressure gauge to measure filter performance.
Cabinets are ideally suited for use with non-hazardous contaminants when flexible access to equipment in the work zone is desired. These are suitable for applications that generate no biohazardous materials and do not require operator protection. Designed for desktop use or installation on the optional mobile base stand. Base stand and UV lamp are sold separately as optional accessories.