The best option for pumping live cells and shear-sensitive fluids—validated by independent test data
Large-diameter rotor delivers higher flow rates at lower rpm
Models available for Masterflex L/S Precision and L/S High-Performance precision pump tubing
2-roller and 3-roller pump heads available--choose 2-roller for maximum flow, 3-roller for less pulsation
Compatible with all Masterflex L/S drives that accept two or more pump heads
- Convex-roller design is gentler on live cells and shear-sensitive fluids—validated by independent test data
- Large-diameter rotor delivers higher flow rates at lower speeds
- Ensure the survival and vitality of live cells
- Flow rate 0.03 to 5700 mL/min with L/S tubing—flow rate depends on the drive rpm, pump head, and tubing size
- Compatible with all Masterflex L/S drives that accept two or more pump heads
Developed specifically for pumping delicate live cells and shear-sensitive fluids, the Masterflex L/S Cytoflow pump head is ideal for use in biopharma and microbiology applications where peristaltic pump operators want to minimize cell hemolysis. The extra-large tubing bed combined with fewer rollers results in high flow rates at low motor speeds, which furthers its cell viability advantages.
Optimum rpm (drive motor speed) range for transferring live cells is < 100 rpm; optimum rpm for other shear-sensitive fluids is < 300 rpm; optimum rpm for all other general pumping applications is up to 600 rpm.