How do I change the deuterium lamp on a Waters 2996 DAD detector?
If the lamp on your Waters 2996 DAD detector repeatedly fails or if the detector fails to calibrate, follow the instructions below to replace your Deuterium lamp.
- Turn off the lamp.
- Turn off the detector and disconnect the power cable from the back panel. The deuterium lamp emits UV radiation that is harmful to the eyes when switched on.
- Allow the lamp to cool for 30 minutes before attempting to remove it. The lamp and its housing get extremely hot during operation.
- Lift the front panel cover and pull it away from the chassis.
- Disconnect the lamp power connector from the detector.
- Unscrew the two captive screws in the base of the lamp and gently withdraw the lamp from the lamp housing.
- Carefully remove your new lamp from its packaging, taking care not to touch the glass.
- Take note of the lamp serial number, you will need this when you reset the lamp counter later.
- Line up the new lamp so that the cut-out on the lamp base plate is at the 1 o'clock position, in line with the alignment pin on the lamp housing.
- Gently push the lamp into position, ensuring that it sits flush to the optics bench.
- Tighten the two captive screws, pushing the lamp in between to ensure it is still flush in position.
- Reconnect the lamp power connector.
- Replace the front panel cover.
- Power the detector back on and wait at least an hour for the lamp to warm up before resuming any operations.
- Reset the lamp counter by going to 'Maintain > Change lamp' in the console.
- Click 'New Lamp' and type the lamp serial number into the box provided followed by 'OK'.