Won't damage nucleic acids!
- Safe and smart alternative to UV transilluminators
- LED light source provides uniformly lit surface
- Emits 465 nm wavelength light—perfect for green, EtBr alternative stains
- Easily access and document gels with two-position cover
- Obtain up to 30,000 hours of operation from LED lights
Improve downstream cloning efficiency—blue light won't damage nucleic acids and is safer for skin and eye exposure.* 465 nm light works with non-toxic green fluorophors, an eco-friendly alternative to ethidium bromide stains, and won't damage DNA like UV light.
High-intensity LED lights create a consistently lit filter surface and up to 30,000 hours of operation—without changing a light bulb! LEDs will not solarize or degrade in performance over time either. Light array is placed at the bottom of the unit for brighter and more balanced illumination than side-lit units.
Filter surface is scratch-proof and easily cleaned. Two-position cover opens 60° for gel access or comes off completely for imaging, and the amber color filters out blue light for full band visibility—even in ambient light conditions.