Measure the vapor pressure of automobile and aviation gasoline, petroleum products and crude oils
- Conforms to ASTM D323, D1267 and related specifications
- RVP bath provides high accuracy programmable temperature control
Vapor pressure is a critical factor in the handling and performance of liquid petroleum and liquefied petroleum gas products. The vapor pressure of automotive gasoline is subject to governmental regulation for pollution control purposes.
1) RVP Bath controls temperature with ±0.2°F (±0.1°C) precision, and determines vapor pressure of gases by immersion of vapor pressure cylinders at the proper depth per ASTM specifications. Dual LED displays provide actual and set-point temperature values in °F/°C format. Holds up to four pressure cylinders. Bath is made of a double-wall construction with fiberglass insulated stainless steel tank. A sturdy 1' (25mm) flange permits flush-mount bench-top installation for easy access to the bath interior.
2) RVP Gauges have a large easy-to-read 4-1/2" (11.4 cm) diameter dial. Accurate to ±0.5% of scale range. Gauges feature an aluminum case with brass handle, blow-out back, and 1/4" NPT(M) connection. Sold separately.
3) RVP Cylinders have polished stainless steel construction. Use one-opening cylinder to test gasoline and other products having a vapor pressure below 26 psi. Two-opening cylinder is for liquid petroleum products and liquefied petroleum gas products (LPG) with a vapor pressure above 26 psi. The two-opening cylinder includes straight-through ball valve and a needle valve. For LPG testing, order the bleeder valve assembly for use with the two-opening cylinder. Sold separately.