Erlab and Cole-Parmer Team Up for Scientist Safety with Advanced Fume Hood Technology
It is critical to understand that a ductless fume hood is a safety device, and the only thing between you and harmful chemicals is the filter. To ensure safety, compliance with AFNOR NF X 15-211:2009 is necessary. This is the industry’s most stringent safety standard for ductless fume hoods and is something Erlab can achieve with its line of ductless fume hoods.
To truly comply with AFNOR NFX 15-211, all the following criteria must be met by the manufacturer:
AFNOR NFX 15-211 Compliance Criteria
|Erlab 391 Smart Ductless Fume Hood, 39" W, angled sash; 80 to 220 VAC |
- State-of-the-art R&D laboratory—A company will work to ensure their products are safe, improve their products, and develop new products to offer greater protection for laboratory personnel.
- A published chemical list—Erlab tests the retention capacity of the filters and publishes a list stating the chemical name, the molecular weight, the grams the filter can retain and under what conditions, the filter type needed to retain the chemical, and the type of saturation detection you need.
- Independent testing—Independent testing is done to prove that what was stated in the chemical listing is true. This testing also proves that during normal operation or during detection, the concentration at the filter exhaust will be lower than 1 percent of the TVL. If there is a spill, the concentration in the filter, exhaust will be less than 50 percent.
- Chemical assessment for your handlings—The lab will be able determine if your chemical handlings can be done safely using their hood and filters. If yes, they let you know the filter type that is needed, the filter lifetime, and the best method to detect saturation.
- Certificate of validation—A certificate that gives the precise details of the chemicals to be used, the filter type, and an estimation of the filter life expectancy is provided and posted on the front of the hood.
- Safety program and lifetime warranty—It is important that a safety specialist from the manufacturer regularly follows up with you to be sure your fume hood is in proper working order, check if any chemicals used in the hood have changed, and inform you when your filters need to be replaced. Working together, Erlab and Cole-Parmer have 50 years of experience in molecular air filtration and can easily provide the above criteria to help you comply with AFNOR NF X 15-211 compliance; the most critical piece in ensuring operators’ safety.
How to order an Erlab fume hood from Cole-Parmer
The task of selecting the appropriate chemical hood for your application may seem daunting. However, that is not the case! Email email@example.com and ask for Erlab’s fume hood questionnaire. Once you complete the brief questionnaire, we will be able to recommend the exact hood for your safety needs!